Your in depth Guide to Home Automation.
Make Your Home a Smart Home!
So after you read through our intro page -What This Site can co for You!-, you want to get started, improving your home to your perfect Smart Home Grid.
Within this page we want to help you to get things going. Find your first home automation product (or an additional product). Find a simple start and experience the improvement with our tips. Then – move on to the next one.
We help you to build up your frustration free(!), convenient and future proof system – your Smart Home! All recommended products match within one system, so you never will choose an item that can not ‘communicate’ with your other devices! Home Tech – simplified!
Step One to Home Automation:
Choose one of the Basic Items!
Why these? Because all of these home tech products are easy to setup and connect. You will have your first cool smart home gadgets up and running in minutes. Tip: Do not over-complicate your decision. Let your curiosity and ‘greatest desire’ guide you here. Every item of these basic 3 solutions will be fine! Click one, read the reviews and if you wish order your item so you can be ready to start within 1 day.
- Lighting Solution – Improve your living-ambiente, convenience and style!
- Smart Keyless Door Locks – Security and convenience at your fingertip!
- Switches and Sensors – Home Automation without limits; ideas rule!
Setup the first at least two products so you get used to the smart home idea. Learn how to connect them with your wifi-router or the additional hub (depends on the item. But all our recommended products are nearly as simple as plug and play; and all match with each other) and you can experience the massive improve of convenience. Believe me it can boost your living quality to a whole new level.
Never stand up to control the lights again! Program certain settings which include several of your home tech items e.g. a ‘Good-Morning-Program’ which gently brings up your lights, starts playing your favorite music and lifts up your window shades – all caused by the wake up time you adjusted – and your few basic smart home items.
Or if you are at your ‘home’-office working concentrated on an important subject and suddenly the doorbell rings. Just take a look on your computer-screen or your smartphone or tablet and you can see who is there (if you have a camera connected) or can grant access with a fingertip on your device – the smart door lock will do the rest for you!
Or you are still at work and friends are already at your door waiting for you – just send them an ekey onto their phone to get access – or – open the door with your own device and let them in. Possibilities, even with these basic items are limitless!
Step 2 of Your Home Automation:
Make your home – even smarter! The system grows.
When the first items work and you love it (I am sure you will), then move on and choose items from the more advanced stuff.
- Voice Control – ‘Your wish is my command!’ – Your voice controls everything!
- Thermostats – Save energy and always feel comfortable with automated, temperature and humidity settings.
- Home Security 2.0 – By adding a smart camera or smart sensors to your system, you can not only control access. From now on you even can see who is at your home, or who sneaks around your house – from everywhere. Bye, bye burglars.
In this step you build a more advanced system! Often these devices need a little bit more time for setting them up properly. Look at our installation guides on the review pages to get a good idea if you want to install them yourself or if you want to get someone to do it for you. Thermostats need about 30-45 minutes installation time – but even this can be done if you are a beginner. Just take the step by step guide and do your best.
The Smart Voice Control
– is installed very easy, but learning your voice and accent and connecting properly to your other devices takes a while. But after this, it will be the biggest improvement to your Smart home – Home Tech Eco-system! It lets you get in control without any classic control device like your smartphone or tablet. Simply talk to your system. We call it convenience 3.0!
Ask for the weather, control your shades, lower your lights or change the mood settings, turn on music or ask for a recipe for the meal you want to cook today. Keep control on your appointments by setting a voice reminder or even tell your system what items it should put on your shopping list. – Just speak!
– with the advanced smart controls – you will safe up to 25% or your energy costs. It recognizes if you leave home and lowers the temperature (safe heating energy) or will know when you come home, and start cooling on a hot summer day or heating on cool days, to reach your convenient temperature, and humidity, without running the whole day.
You can look at great stats and analyze how you can make your heating and cooling even smarter in the future. The system learns from your settings and even can remember different users to adjust their individual well-being. An Awesome new field of possibilities.
Security and Surveillance
– Feeling safe and secure at home is a must for everyone. So even if you are not an afraid person by nature, it can improve your easy state of mind, if you now or then have the possibility to take a look at your home or garden. And I do not only mean because of burglars or bad guys. See your home on your phone or tablet.
You’re not always around to make sure your home is safe. Or if you want to see where the dog hid your shoes or if the kids garden party spreads the mold. A smart cam lets you check in – even when you’re out.
Attach sensors which detect motion to improve your feeling of safety and set instant alert message to your phone. – This also can be a message, that your 4 year old son who can not swim yet enters the pool area. Create what you need – do what you like.
Step three to Home Automation:
Build your System – grow your convenience.
Smart – gadgets or Home Tech 2.0
Congratulations! If you have made it this far, you will probably have the smartest home in your neighborhood and have exponentiated the convenience of your all day life. People who are visiting you will have this ‘wow-feeling’ that I have seen in the faces of so many of my friends and family. But as you probably read on my intro page or on my about me page.
The journey never ‘has to’ end(s). In the upcoming new posts I will reveal the secrets, how you can release the power of your system and do more awesome stuff …. New Reviews on Smart Gadgets will be released soon – everything that will improve your system with outstanding new possibilities. And I will talk about the “Internet of Things”, which can boost your system – even further!
Step 4 to 6
Come Back and repeat…
adding devices to your System
Make it Awesome!
Comments and Exchange – So stay tuned for more, if you want to make sure, that you do not miss the latest reviews, tips and ideas just subscribe to my Newsletter and i keep you informed. If you have any own experience with one of the items described or questions about home automation; or even only wish a good review of any awesome home tech product …. just leave a comment below.
Looking forward to our exchange …. thanks for stopping by